I am a curious, creative, empathetic, and authentic leader with a thirst to lead teams to create robust, elegant, and functional solutions.
I’ve scaled my current organization’s Engineering team from myself and the CTO to a team of 18+ while maintaining the quality of the current shipping product. I also expanded the product line to multiple offerings while coordinating with both senior leadership and individual contributors to define and codify our engineering team’s culture, process, and interaction flow.
I tend toward action and away from perfection, selecting MVP over MVP++ while attempting to capture the easiest 80% of the work. I am a repentant ‘starter’, and favor kind directness when talking with people. I believe that the people closest to the work are generally the most informed, and I am highly passionate about what I do.
- Inspire, communicate, and lead the engineering team to create a holistic data ecosystem.
- Create, codify, and socialize best practices, daily processes, department goals with all team members.
- Create, communicate, and enforce engineering goals and deadlines directly relating to the success of our products.
- Generate architectural documentation and guide the team in the implementation of large initiatives.
- Interview, hire, and mentor new members of the development team.
- Directly intervene and lead a team of 16+ developers to solve challenges directly for customers when customer success requires engineering response.
JIRA, Asana, Slack, Email, Git, GitLab, NodeJs, ES12, React, Redux, Redux-Saga, Bash, Webpack, CD/CI via GitLab, Debian, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Rust
- Create and maintain a web based user interface to control hardware functionality of a network attached storage appliance used by production studios in professional environments
- Create from scratch a desktop application for connecting clients to our storage solution with ease.
- Work in a small and self starting environment with limited resources and backup, creating and maintaining our own processes as we go.
- Create a solution that is encapsulated and works across multiple platforms and versions seamlessly
- Create a web application for video uploading, downloading, archival, and comment creation for multiple clients such as Amazon Studios, AFI, and The New York Times.
- Create a solution that works across devices, regardless of size or bandwidth capabilities.
- Create a secure back end solution for uploading and processing videos into thumbnails, proxies, and clip data.
- Work in a limited support environment with a small team.
- Receive business needs from our professional entertainment clients and interpret them into actionable software development issues.
- Maintain an online textbook reading program for daily use in the education sector.
- Update existing code base with the latest technologies available and useful, namely, react.js, gulp, sass, and angular.js.
- Maintain and expand a large array of automated tests.
- Work in a distributed and remote environment.
- Full Stack Developer, Crosstek, Orlando, Fl Jan 2013 - Feb 2014
- Developer, Accesso LLC, Orlando, Fl March 2011 – December 2012
- Developer, Riptide Software, Orlando, Fl July 2010 – March 2011
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Computer Science, August, 2010